One normal Tuesday after school I went to Zumbi’s, a restaurant I like to go to, with my mom and my sister. After I made it halfway through my meal, I thought I would “show off.” So I stuffed three pieces of teriyaki chicken in my mouth at one time. A few seconds later, I felt something in my throat so I took a drink of my Sprite. I thought everything was fine, but I thought wrong. The soda kept coming up my throat, so I kept drinking. My mom immediately noticed something was wrong because my face was bright red and I couldn’t breathe out of my nose because of how much I was panicking. My mom started yelling for help, but everyone was just staring. After no one would help me, my mom rushed me and my sister to the hospital. On the way in the truck, I was throwing up and finally coughed up a piece of chicken that was stuck in my throat. I had been choking on a piece of teriyaki chicken and coughed it up on a paper towel. When we got to the hospital, they told me and my family that they thought that my “incident” was an allergic reaction. So they gave me some medicine. But I still had to go to school the next day. To this day, I’m not allowed to eat at Zumbi’s!

By Jordan Eulate

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s