Do you want a fun, after-school snack that lasts a while? Then this cinnamon roll recipe is for you!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package yeast (dissolved in ¼ cup warm water)
- 6-7 cups flour
- In a large bowl, mix two tablespoons of butter, ¾ cup granulated white sugar, and one tablespoon salt.
- Add two cups of boiling water, mix.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Add two eggs and yeast, then mix.
- Add 6-7 cups of flour
- Mix and then let rise
- Punch down, then refrigerate or make into rolls
If you want boring rolls stop here, but if you want delicious cinnamon rolls continue with the recipe. (Don’t roll up your rolls yet.)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Desired amount of nuts (optional)
- Desired amount of cinnamon and/or sugar
- Two 8 inch cake pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Melt together ⅔ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup of butter, and two tablespoons corn syrup.
- Pour into two 8 inch, lightly greased, pans
- Sprinkle on nuts (optional)
- Roll out dough, not into pan, and spread soft butter onto it
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or sugar
- Re-roll dough to mix in ingredients
- Roll dough back out and make into rolls
- Place rolls into pans and let rise
- Bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until brown
After all of your hard work is done, you can refrigerate them to keep them as fresh as possible, or you could eat them, bring some to your neighbors, even pack them into seal tight containers and bring them for your school lunch. Whatever you decide, have a sweet week.
By: Peyton Erb
Photo Credits: Peyton Erb