To make breakfast more delightful, or to have a day just for the fun of cooking, chicken and waffles is your cup of tea. This delicious combo may require a trip to the grocery store and an hour or two to spare, but it will be worth the time when you bite into the savory, sweet, crunch of chicken between waffles.
- 4 chicken eggs
- 8 chicken tenders
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard powder
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 12 slices of your favorite bacon
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 8 thin slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 8 plain frozen (Preferably homemade) waffles
- 1 quart of peanut oil
- You have to whisk together four eggs, one-fourth cup of heavy whipping cream, two tablespoons of cayenne pepper, one tablespoon of salt, and one tablespoon ground black pepper into a large bowl.
- In a paper bag, shake together two cups of all-purpose flour, one cup of cornstarch, and one tablespoon of salt.
- Dip the eight chicken tenders in the beaten egg mixture, then place into the flour mixture and shake to coat.
- Place the breaded chicken tenders onto a wire rack; do not stack. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes to allow the coating to set.
- When you come back, you’re going to heat about three inches of oil in a deep-fryer, or a large saucepan to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). In a small batches, fry chicken five-to-eight minutes until golden brown.
- Remove chicken by using a metal straining basket, and drain on paper towels. Set aside, or keep warm in a low heated oven.
- Combine the one cup of mayonnaise, one-fourth cup of maple syrup, two teaspoons of horseradish, and one teaspoon of dry mustard powder in a medium bowl.
- Place the twelve slices of bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, for about ten minutes.
- Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. to assemble the sandwiches: place four waffles on a cookie sheet, top each waffle with two mouth watering chicken tenders, three slices of popping bacon, and two slices of cheddar.
- Right after topping the waffle, broil the sandwich for three- to-five minutes until the cheese is all melted.
- Spread three tablespoons of the maple mayonnaise on the remaining four waffles and place on top of the sandwich, then enjoy.
Lastly, I would want to give www.allrecipes.com credit for their amazing chicken and waffles recipe. I sure hope you enjoy digging into this delicious treat!
By: Ireland Rathbun
Photo Credits: https://farmrich.com