It’s disappointing how so many of our favorite early childhood treats have gone out of style. For example, rice krispie treats. Whether it’s been two years or two minutes since you had one, here’s a fun recipe to help your next rice krispie batch look better. Plus, they’re bite-size, what’s better than a bite-size treat?
- ⅓ cup sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Line a large, rimmed, baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put all sprinkles in a small bowl and set aside as well.
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the mini marshmallows into the butter and stir frequently until the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in the cereal and allow the mixture to cool for five minutes.
- Lightly grease your hands (or else marshmallows and cereal will stick to you) and mold the krispie mixture into one tablespoon-sized balls.
- Immediately roll each ball into the sprinkles, coating evenly. Place finished balls on the baking sheet.
Although they taste the best the same day as they were made, you can store them in airtight containers for up to two days. For more delicious and fun recipes like this one, visit cookiesandcups.com.
By: Peyton Erb
Photo Credits: cookiesandcups.com