Don’t you just love that spicy, sweet, familiar smell of snickerdoodles when you pass by a cookie shop? I do, and that’s why I went investigating for the best snickerdoodles. After making them myself, I figured you might want to try them. They melt in your mouth, and are a perfect twist between a spicy and a sweet treat.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (separate from 1 ½ cups)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Shape dough by using a spoon into balls.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
In conclusion, these are by far the best snickerdoodles I’ve ever tasted. Thank you to allrecipes.com for this mouth-watering treat!
By: Ireland Rathbun
Photo Credits: bakingmischief.com