Mother’s Day is coming up and most of us are in desperate need of inspiration. The school year has worn us out, it’s a good thing there are only three weeks until school ends, for the summer of course. Here are some Mother’s Day ideas that you can do yourself.
- Trace your hand on a piece of colored paper. Cut the outline of your hand out and curl the fingers by putting the edge of scissors on the fingers and pressing.
- Take a green pipe cleaner and rap a yellow pipe cleaner around the top.
- Roll the hand cut out around the connected pipe cleaners with the fingers curled out and the yellow pipe cleaner on top.
- Glue the edges together to make a flower.
Grass Flower Pot:
- Take a piece of green paper and fold it in half hotdog style, or vertically.
- Take scissors and cut the folded side about ¾ to the opposite edge. Do this along all of the folded side, making each strip of green about 2-3 cm.
- Re-open the green paper and, using a glue stick, place the glue across the length on one side of the paper about ⅕ of the way inside the edge of the paper.
- Place the opposite edge of the glued side on the glue and without creasing any of the paper, press down.
- Loosely roll the paper up and glue the ending edge to the grass pot.
- Glue on flat, cut out flowers onto the top and around the sides.
- Take a floral colored piece of tissue paper, cut 3 in by 11 in.
- Roll by starting with the length and rolling across the with about ⅔ across to the opposite side.
- Cut the rolled section of the tissue paper into strips of 2 cm.
- Flip the paper over vertically.
- Put a stick on the edge of the unrolled tissue paper and glue it to the edge. Wrap the rest of the cut up rolls in a downward spiral, make sure to glue the tissue paper onto the stick along the way.
A big thanks to 5 Minute Crafts for showing us all these great ideas!
By: Tessa Geigle
Photo Credits: 5 Minute Crafts