What is a classic kind of cookie that few can resist? A delicious chocolate chip cookie, that’s what. However, these cookies are easy to say “no” to when they’re hard and dry instead of a soft, gooey treat. Therefore, I have scoured the internet in search of this heavenly sweet. This is the result:
- ½ cup unsalted butter; melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar; packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract, then mix until combined.
- Stir in baking soda and salt slowly.
- Work in flour carefully until the batter is smooth and comes together.
- Slowly pour in chocolate chips.
- Place balls of the dough on a baking sheet (Don’t worry about spacing right now). Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least two hours. (By using melted butter instead of softened you have to chill it, but it helps the chocolate chips be gooey.)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- Separate the chilled dough balls onto two or more cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
This recipe gets credited to crazyforcrust.com where you can also find other yummy recipes. I hope you’ll enjoy the sweet treat sometime soon or over the summer.
By: Peyton Erb