If you’re looking for a way to get into the fall spirit, this cake is definitely something to consider baking. This harvest cake can be given as a gift, or even made into cupcakes.
The supplies you will need are:
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1 (15 oz.) canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract:
- ½ cup softened butter
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 3 ½ cup powdered sugar
Preheat your oven to 350° F Cook time is 70 minutes.
(Please be careful, your oven is very hot!)
- Mix the first ten ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add a ½ cup of flour to your bowl at a time.
- Mix the pumpkin in slowly.
- Pour your mix into a greased and floured bundt pan (or cupcake tin)
- Bake at 350 ° F for 70 minutes
- Cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove you cake/ cupcakes and complete cooling on a wire rack.
- Mix all frosting ingredients into a bowl until solid colored.
- Frost your cake when its room temperature to the touch.
This fluffy cake is eaten well with a side of ice cream, or whipped cream. Enjoy this taste of fall!
By: Addison Gilbert
Photo Credits: https://www.epicurious.com