With Christmas just around the corner, it’s time to get into the holiday spirit. Decorations are going up, hordes of people are crowding sales, and most importantly, holiday treats are being made. There are plenty of easy-to-make winter desserts, including Christmas wreath treats. For this recipe you will need:
- 20 large marshmallows
- 3 cups of cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of red and green M&M’s
- Green food coloring
- Begin by combining the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl and then microwave them until the butter is melted and the marshmallows have puffed up (about 45 seconds)
- Add the cornflakes and tint the mixture green with just a few drops of food coloring.
- Divide this into around eight portions (wax paper will help it not stick)
- Shape each part into a three inch wreath and, working quickly, press a few M&M’s into each shape.
Finally, with a movie and some hot cocoa, you can enjoy this scrumptious Christmas themed treat!
By: Alessy Madero
Photo Credits: Alessy Madero