GRZEXP Staff- Ashlyn Johnson
On a hot day, nothing sounds better than a chilled chocolate malt. This easy recipe can be made in less than five minutes, and won’t fail to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s a simple way to surprise your family with a delightful confection without even having to plug in the blender! You don’t have to be a contender on The Great British Baking Show to put this treat together. In fact, you can be a disaster in the kitchen and still come out with a dessert to be proud of. Add bits of your favorite malted candy into the chilled mixture to add some crunch, and you’ll find yourself running back for more!
- First, gather your materials and ingredients.
- 16 oz cup
- Ice cream scooper
- Measuring cup
- Zip Lock Bag
- Serving Spoon/ladle
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Malted Milk Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- Whoppers Candy (crushed, 2 tablespoons per malt)
- Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, you can prep by pouring a handful of whoppers into the zip lock bag (any size will work). Lay the bag on a table or other hard surface, and use a ladle or serving spoon to crush the candies into small pieces, repeatedly smashing them through the bag. Set that aside for later.
- After you’ve prepared your Whoppers, take your 16 oz cup and use a scoop to fill it ⅔ full with the ice cream.
- Next, pour in ½ cup of milk.
- Then, add your 2 tablespoons of malted milk powder (chocolate or vanilla).
- Measure 2 tablespoons of your crushed whoppers, and add them into the mixture.
- Stir until desired consistency (About 50 – 100 stirs)
My family and I adore these tasty treats because they are quick, easy, and a simple cleanup for those busy nights. Personally, I’m a complete catastrophe in the kitchen, and my baking skills aren’t much better than those of a rock. This easy recipe is something I can make myself, and something I can do with my younger siblings to make them feel accomplished as well. You surely won’t regret making this tasty dessert!
Featured Image Credits: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Irish_Violet_Crumble.jpg