GRZEXP Staff- Brooklyn Curt
On a nice summer day, nothing sounds better than a pink birthday cake pop. These tasty snacks are really easy to make with just a few simple steps and ingredients. These treats are perfect for your friends and family right after lunch or any meal.
-24 cake pop sticks
-Cake mix (eggs, oil, and water)
-Chocolate candy melts
-A few spoonfuls of frosting
- Bake the vanilla cake, (you can use a box mix or homemade cake) let it cool and remove the outer brownish layer with a knife.
- Crumble the cake into small pieces and mix it with frosting.
- Form the crumbs into cake balls.
- Dip the end of a cake pop stick into melted candy melts and insert the stick halfway through each cake ball.
- Freeze the cake pops for about 15 minutes.
- Pour melted candy melts into a tall narrow cup and dip each cake pop into the candy melts. Then tap off excess candy and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Place the finished vanilla cake pops into a block of styrofoam so that it can cool and stiffen.
This delicious recipe can also be found on simplyhomecooked.com as well as other yummy recipes and treats. I hope you enjoy this treat sometime soon.
Featured Image Credits: https://www.gourmetgiftbaskets.com/Birthday-Cake-Pops.asp